Wednesday, August 22, 2018

[KOREA] 거제도 GORGEOUS GEOJE


OMGGGG it’s been long time since the last time I had my korea local backpack trip, because the weather just too hot to be handled. So this time, I promised myself no matter how hot weather, I will have my last summer trip ( yess, it maybe will be my last Korean trip since I will go back to my hometown very soon L sad happy mix feeling) And as last destination, I chose my long long long super top list place in entire peninsula with beautiful view of southern sea of korea, GEOJE & TONGYEONG actually I planned GEOJE, TONGYEONG, NAMHAE, SUNCHEON, AND BOSEONG but thyphoon came and I just couldn’t continue my journey L

So, firstly it began at Geoje, beautiful coast city, that called as Blue city and yes this place is as blue as its name, Ferry terminal and beach can be found in a minute.

거제
GEOJE

TRANSPORTATION FROM/TO GEOJE
No train or KTX, so no way other than BUS. Actually Geoje has 2 bus terminal, 고현시외버스터미널 gohyeon bus terminal  located in geoje city center but far from ferry terminal and 장승포시외버스터미널 jangseungpo bus terminal  located 10 mins walk from ferry terminal. So I chose riding from 서울남부버스터미널 Seoul Nambu Bus Terminal to 장승포시외버스터미널 Jangseungpo  bus terminal. Travel time around 5 hours ride and ticket price 30000~35000/ one way

TRANSPORTATION AROUND GEOJE
This small city gonna be as tough as Jeju island HAHA buses are rare BUT Jeju even better because they stick on timetable on every bus stop, but here…. Just use your sense HAHA for you who can’t SPEAK KOREAN or even just read hangul becareful HAHA, I suggest to use taxi but bus ride and waiting also sometimes quite fun and challenging

ACCOMODATION
For hotel, I suggested “HOME FOUREST” 홈포레스터 hotel (경상남도 거제시 장승로 145 ) since it quite big, located near ferry terminal and price around 60000/ night , but if you a budget traveler, you can stay at 센텀찜질방 Sentom  jjimjilbang (경상남도 거제시 능포동 619-1) that located just walk away from Jangseungpo bus terminal and price 8000/ night 

FERRY TERMINAL
Geoje became famous because of OEDO BOTANIA, local magical tropical island. So for reaching that island, you need to take boat from Geoje and there are several choices of Ferry terminal and ferry company in this city. The closest one with bus terminal is 장승포여객터미널 jangseungpo ferry terminal  that only 900m away  from bus terminal BUT HERE I suggest one ferry terminal that super beautiful where you can take boat and enjoy beach in the same time,와현유람선 wahyeon ferry terminal, yeah it quite far around 20-30 mins ride from bus terminal, but it is worth the way. You can take bus number 60,64,67 ( first bus at 6.30am, interval 1 – 1.5 hours) from jangseungpo bus terminal and get off at wahyeon

click here to read more about OEDO BOTANIA GARDEN & HAEGEUMGANG

MUST EAT
바릇
BAREUT
경남 거제시 일운면 와현리 296-1 번지
OPEN HOUR 11AM-7PM
 You can't skip any seafood at the beach right? So here actually my main reason why i choose wahyeon beach over other because i want to come here and try one of instagramable spot in Geoje. They sell only 해물라면 haemul ramyeon  or seafood ramen ₩8000 & 새우찜 saewoojjim or Prawn stew ₩15000. Make sure to bring cash because they don't except any card payment. I thought it just pretty i didn't expect anything for the taste. BUt suprisingly, it came super good even ramyeon lil bit soggy because i took photos too much HAHA all seafood, prawn, mussel, and crab tasted fresh and yum
TASTE 9/10

Overall, everything just better than my expectation. It's been a long time since my last trip so honestly, now i became nervous easily about everything on the street and kinda lonely HAHAHAHAHA LOL but the show must go on!

No comments:

Post a Comment